Analytics
3.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics API Project - Change Accounts

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey folks,

I know this isn't directly an Analytics question, but I've been running round in circles trying to get some help on this issue, and this is the best place I can find to actually ask someone! So please bare with me :-)

We have a web based application that allows users to connect to analytics, where we present their data inline with a number of other metrics aggregated from other sources. We're exclusively using Google APIs (via PHP SDK) to power this connection process, and data fetching etc - and this is obviously facilitated by the existence of a project within the Developer Console.

What we have just discovered after several years however, is the project in question, is not present, and does not appear to be owned by any of our in-house accounts, and is most likely under the ownership of a google account belonging to one of our past contract workers. We have NOT been able to identify who this is.

We really need to take ownership of this project, as this is more than unsatisfactory for many reasons, so the questions:

- does anyone know if there is away we can programmatically or otherwise discover the account which owns an API Project? (Se we can get in touch, and have the project transferred)

- is there anywhere / anyone you would suggest contacting to assist us further with this issue?

Thanks for your time, any input is greatly appreciated!

Paul.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics API Project - Change Accounts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Two possibilities: start a new project, get a new client id and secret and put those into your app...

or check the Google Analytics Partner Gallery, if you have a listing - login and see if you can manage the profile with one of your accounts. If so, you will be able to see the project number associated with your account and can send a note to G to place the request.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.