Analytics
1.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytic permissions- Specific user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone!

If I want to create a permission for a user to have access only to certain stuff but not to Adwords. What shall I do?

• I created a specific view for that user, but if the property is linked to Adwords, that user will see the details from Adwords in his view? Even though I don't want to.
  • Will he see that I'm denying his access?
  • Is there an alternative way to configure this?

Thanks,

Jenny

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytic permissions- Specific user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Jenny,

If you have a property with AW linking, then any user will be able to see the AW data within GA.

As far as I know, I don't think you can block out certain parts of the GA reports (ie. block out events, or block out pages, etc.).
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
You could share needed information via automated reports through email or use some API based solution to deliver just some of the information. Of course the latter requires some/lot work... How much information you want/need to share and how important sharing this information is?

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Antti,

Thanks for your response.

Well, I need to provide the user the access, as he is the owner of the site, but I didn't want to share all the data regarding Adwords (as it is strategic).

I found a way by creating a specific view, but I believe this user will see the Adwords linking by default.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Learning A
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Yes he will see the AdWords campaigns and the keywords and first line of ads. You could leave this view unlinked but that would be bad from reporting point of view...

Better be transparent with stuff as you said he is the owner. It would be impossible or very difficult to replicate the AdWords campaign with Analytics data so you should not worry... if that was your concern.

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible