Analytics
3.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

An illegal state has occurred.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When in the Behaviour Flow tab in Google Analytics I am not able to apply segments, I get the following pop up :

"An illegal state has occurred.

The request resulted in an inappropriate state. Reload the page to see whether the problem persists."

This segment worked fine previously, I am also not able to create any new segments in this view however if I go to another tab such as acquisition, I am able to create a new segment.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nick

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: An illegal state has occurred.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nick,
Are you still having this problem?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm actually receiving this same error message with custom segments I've created.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having the same problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am also having this problem. Anytime I try to view or add a segment with Behavior Flow I get the message "an illegal state has occurred".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also having this issue when trying to create a segment based upon a referral source.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

there's no solution mentioned yet I see, and I have the same problem. Can you help?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just sign Audience > Overview for example and you will not get that message. This only applies if you have multiple analytics profiles, and when you switch between them, you are getting this message.