Analytics
5.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

All data gone after restoring account -- please help

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

One of our accounts was accidentally deleted and we restored it within the hour with the full data and configuration. Now when I go to the reports, all of the historical data is completely gone. All of the reports are blank. Furthermore, when I go to real-time, it's not capturing most of the traffic on the site.

It has been 2 hours since we recovered the property and everything is still blank.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or is there a way to contact Google about this?

Thanks, really appreciate your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bronwyn V (Top Contributor)
August

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you are using any Google paid services (AdWords...) you should have an open line.

But to your message... If real-time shows nothing you should make sure that the code on the site is functioning as intended and is in fact the one that sends data to that account.

Anyway I would suspect that 24-48 hour rule might apply here like in other cases of missing data.

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks! The data came back today, so it's definitely the case that recovering a property does not bring back the data immediately. Good to know.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Glad you got out with a scare!

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning, I have a big problem caused by people from Google Business: I had a Double Account with the same address because Google Business couldn't put my old information of Google+ and Youtube in the new one. After a wile they told me I couldn't stay with a duplicate location and I had to cancell the old one. They told me nothing would happen to my Goggle+ or Youtube Accounts. Unfortunatlyit was just the contrary, it cancelled both Acc. and I don't know what to do, 11 years of data with my web and SEO work. 

If you could have any way to help me or give me any direction to follow, please do. Best reagards

Patricia Tome