Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Admin privileges problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have problem with admin privileges in google analytics. My predecessor create a Google Analytics site for our company. When he left his email account was deleted along with the Administrator account for analytics. Currently, I am able to log in using analytics user account but can not add new administrator and even create users. Is there any procedure how to get administrator access to our analytics?

Thank You.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Admin privileges problem

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Daniel D,

Here's a post that should be able to help you with regaining access: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-... It does require that you have an AdWords account, but it doesn't necessarily need to be in active use (ie. currently linked to your GA property).

Hope this helps.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Admin privileges problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have the same problem as Daniel D. The link you have posted Nicky Y does not work. Is Google AdWords the only way to get around this problem? 

Admin privileges problem

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi, June C,

Sorry, try this link: 

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-...

The one I posted has a "." at the very end which is causing the issue.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Admin privileges problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a slight variance to the situation.

My previous manager was the only one who had the highest level of GA access, and as such is the only account that receives tech support, or can add/delete people from it.

I've been tasked with removing him from the account, but without his credentials (which he will not give up) I can't access it.

Any suggestions?

Admin privileges problem

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi, Andrew H,

Is your previous manager still with the organisation? If so, you could first create a GENERIC administrator Google account (one that is not tied to a specific individual), ask him/her to provide Admin access to that account, and then you can remove him/her.

Failing that, you could try the above method I mentioned: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-...

Hope you can get access back!

Admin privileges problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That is the issue. The individual does not work for us anymore and was recently terminated. Smiley Sad

Admin privileges problem

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi, Andrew H,

Was it a corporate account that the user used, in which case your IT team may be able to get you, or reset, the credentials? Or did they use a personal account?

I think whatever the case is, you could try following the link I provided.

You can also try this link https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009631?hl=en and contacting Google. The main thing is that you should be able to prove that you are the site owner/administrator.

Admin privileges problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, we are a very skeleton crew, and do not posses an IT team.

The individual that was terminated used a personal Gmail account to set up the GA.