Analytics
2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Adding another account to my own

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I can't seem to find an exact post by Google on this for some reason, I'm sure one is out there. 

I'm trying to add one of my client's analytics account to my own analytics dashboard. I can't seem to figure out how to do it, as the online guides I found state that I should give over my analytics ID. However, I have 8 different businesses within my analytics account and the guide only forwards me to selecting an ID specific to one of those.

How can I get an overall ID to the account so that I can obtain access to the new business?

Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi SEO L,

I don't know what kind of dashboard you're actually using but usually you indeed link to Analytics reports by the Analytics Property ID (as UA-61134411-1), not the Analytics Account ID which is Property ID without Property number at the end (as UA-61136711).

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response! I've got the tracking ID now as I have set up the property (UA-92342324-1). Do I just send this to the client and get them to add it? 

Thanks! 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Could be Analytics Property ID or even Analytics View ID (a number like "107134630" - you may grab it in View settings). That's really depending of what kind of dashboard or tool you're using and how it actually works.