Analytics
3.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Adding a new site to my GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I have a GA account with several websites on it that all work fine. I have been granted access to another site, and have an email from GA telling me so and to log in. When I click the link given, my existing GA account opens but no sign of the new website. How do I add this to my account ? I've tried adding through the Admin page but no data shows up.

Steve

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
You may want to check with the person that added you, what level you have been added at (account, property or view) and what permissions where assigned to you

(sometime someone will add a new user via their email address and accidently uncheck the default of read/analyze permissions while checking/setting what permissions a user should have)

Alternatively, I would log out, clear all cookies and cache and then try again via the link in the email.
If you click the Admin link a the bottom of the GA interface it will take you to the admin overview

so as to check which Accounts, Properties and Views you have access to (selected via the drop downs for each column)

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Bronwyn. Trouble is that I can't see it or get to log in. Usually if someone adds me to their GA it appears in my list of websites, but not this one.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author steve w
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Maybe they have since removed you again?

Have you spoken with the person that added you to let them know you are having problems with accessing?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You were right. Permissions wrong. Thanks.