Analytics
1.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Adding Non Gmail Users to Permissions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was wondering if it's possible to add users to accounts who do not have a gmail address? It does not seem to accept non-gmail addresses when I try.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Google A
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
The email address needs to be for a Google Account.. it does not have to be a gmail email address

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn,, While I'm trying to add non-gmail user to grant access for google analytics, it is not accepting and showing an error like it is not a Gmail email address. Please guide me on how to grant access to non gmail user?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Try this out: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Analytics-Academy/Analytics-without-Google-account/td-p/75...

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your quick response John. I checked that. But my query is that, How can I assign access to a non-Gmail user to my Google analytics account? He doesn't have a Gmail account but I have to grant access to him to edit my Google analytics data and all. Can you suggest any?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

They will need to create a Google account using the non-google email.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.