Analytics
3.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Add new Account and Add New Property options are not visible in established Full Permission Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had a gmail account for several years that I use almost exclusively for Google Analytics for multiple websites.  (There are no more than 10-15 sites on this account)  The primary user account has always had Full permissions - I have had no problem adding new profiles/accounts/properties or additional users in the past.  I had not logged into the account for a number of months.  I logged in today and I can verify that I still have Full permissions and I can also create another user with Full permissions.  However, neither of these full permission accounts can see any Options to create a New Account nor create a New Property.  I have tried to google/research this and am not finding any solutions.  I have no idea what is causing this.  I get no error messages.  I have logged out and in several times, changed sessions and used different browser to no avail.  From what I can tell, in the Account column or Property Column, in the List I should see a Add Account or Add Property item.  I do not.  Ideas?Analytics.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cj M
March

Add new Account and Add New Property options are not visible in established Full Permission Account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Cj M :-)

From your screenshot, if you click that drop down in the first column labelled ACCOUNT, the option to Create new account is at the bottom of the drop down selection list.

At the top of the ACCOUNT column where it shows the Account name, to the left is a small arrow, click it to get back to the Administration page with the columns for Account, Property and View.

Once you have selected an Account in the first column drop down, then a new Property can be created in the same manner from the drop down in the PROPERTY column.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

holy crap, how ridiculous :-P   thank you for educating me !  (& thank you for the timely response)