Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Account administration

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My organization uses Google Analytics for our website.  The person with administrative access is no longer with the company and her account was shifted to me however...I didn't receive admin access.  My team and consultants all have user status and can still see the site analytics - I'm the only one that cannot.  It appears that the there were two accounts that were given administrative access: one belonged to the previous employee and the other is a gmail account she set up under the company name however she is the only one that has the password.

How can I gain admin access to my corporate site.

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Account administration

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Michele,

If your other users have "Manage Users" access they can add you or you can follow this process:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Account administration

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are in a similar situation here. There was ONE person with admin access, and he was a consultant. No one at all has user status or anything else. We are finally getting around to updating our website and paying appropriate attention to it. As we move forward with our SEO efforts, it would be great to be able to access all those analytics that are already there (for keyword list generation, etc.). I would hate to have to wipe the slate clean by generating a new code and starting over, wasting all the great data that already exists.

Thoughts?

Account administration

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Theo.  None of my users have admin access.  Only the former employee had access.

I reached out to 1-866-2GOOGLE and they are in the process of providing me with admin access once I am able to verify a few items. This is the only way to regain admin access.

Account administration

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Contact Google at 1-866-2GOOGLE.  You will need to provide some information to get started - Adwords Account # and the UA code for the domains you're trying to get access to.  After that Google will provide you with the additional information that you will need to provide to get the process going.

Good luck.