Analytics
1.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Account access with custom Gmail address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a custom Gmail address for my business and I have someone trying to add me to their Analytics and it says my address isn't a Gmail address.  This is the primary address that I use to manage my G Suite, the domain is my own domain but I've registered that domain with my G Suite.  I don't want to use my @gmail.com to be added to their Analytics.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Casey L,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by, or where you see that, your address isn't a Gmail address? As far as I know, there's no way to "block" a request or invitation. You might just have to either contact the organisation or individual and tell them to not invite you, or accept the request and remove yourself manually.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They are trying to add permissions for me in their account but get the error "no google account for this email". The email they are using is the one I use for my google business account. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

OK, I think I get it now. You *do* want to be added to an Analytics account, but you want your enterprise Google address to be added, as opposed to your personal @gmail.com address. Is your email address linked to a Google Account? It sounds like it isn't and you'll need to associate it with a Google account in order to be added to GA. You can follow this link to create your account: https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?continue=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.google.com%2FManageAccount

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Casey L
December 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I went back and checked again; found the issue that they reversed the "ri" in my email address.  Checked for misspelling the first time but so close that I didn't notice it on their screenshot of the issue.  Thanks for your time and a simple input error.