Analytics
4.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Account Adminstrator left the company

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The person set up as the account administrator has left the company and we need to set up another current user as the new administrator. Does anyone know how to do that?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Michael M,

If there is no access to the Analytics account, you would need to follow these steps precisely to request admin access so users can be added and data can be accessed. Google will not simply give out access without the verification happening for security and privacy purposes. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response James.

I have access to the account and have Manage Users permissions but I don't have the top level Administrator position where I can delete other members. The person that was in that role has left the company.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Stephen D,

If there is no access to the Analytics account, you would need to follow these steps precisely to request admin access. This is your only recourse if you have lost access to the admin or admin account. 

Kind Regards,

James