Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Account Access Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I recently went into our Analytics account to add a new user. We currently have one user, but she is one of the heads of the company and no longer handles the day-to-day marketing. When I went in, I discovered she does not have admin privileges to add a new user. The company who set up our original website is the administrator on the account. Unfortunately, that company went out of business a few years ago now, and I don't have anyone to contact.

I've tried to find a customer support link to submit a request, or a number to call for help, but without luck. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get back admin privileges without starting a whole new account? Is there even a department that handles support requests for analytics?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Access Problem

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @George M,

Please visit this link here in the community and follow the steps precisely. This is your only recourse to regain access. 

Kind Regards,

James