Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Accessing analytics for a website that already has it set up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My organization does not have the login or password for our analytics account, however our website is set up with analytics! How can I set up my new account to access this? I created a new account, but I don't see a way to change the Tracking ID it gave me by default.

Thank you! 

Re: Accessing analytics for a website that already has it set up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
As far as I know there isn't a way to change the ID of a property. My suggestion is to use your new created account, create a new property and change the old tracking cold on your website with the new one.

Unfortunately with this you won't be able to look at data from the past, but since you probably aren't able to see it now, it won't make much difference.

Hope I could help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Andre! This is a solution if nothing else works, but you're right - then we won't be able to see any historical data!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Christa, this is the proccess to try to recover the access to a Analytics Account / Property.

Hope it help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you! We currently have a request pending with them and will hopefully hear back soon.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Glad I could help and hope it works for you.

If it was helpful, please accept my repply as a solution.

Good Luck

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I'd avoid that if possible as losing old data is a real hindrance especially if it is quite an old account it may have data form the old pre '(not provided)' days.

-------------------------
If I answered your question please 'mark as accepted answer & star' so that we know you have what you need
If my answer was helpful/useful but you still need more info please just 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply and I or others will respond