Analytics
5.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Accessing an existing Google Analytics Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I just started with a new company as their Director of Content Marketing and I am trying to access their already existing Google Analytics setup. I see they already have the implementation on the exisiting Wordpress website.

I wanted to double check the process on how to access it. I believe I need the existing account admin for the Google Analytics to give me those permissions to see it, correct?

My concern with this is they had a third party company  build and manage the website, so I have a feeling no one in the company has the permissions to the google analytics. Is their any other way to access it with having the UA number and the Wordpress admin permissions? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Accessing an existing Google Analytics Account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris M :-)
Easiest way would be to have the current account admin add you as a user to the account with all permissions.

You may be able to gain access, although it wont necessarily be admin access

via recovering the account, there is a comprehensive post by Niall in the following thread on how to go about doing this (its the one marked as best answer)
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

If you dont already have an adwords account, you will need to create an adwords account to log into and access the adwords support options.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here