Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Accessing Anayltics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have an account...for a long time.  We have a tracking code.  When asked to View Analytics I am asked to signup.  This is confusing.  My logic says to look for a "sign in" button since I already have analytics.  If I "sign in" am I creating a new account?  This is the tracking #.  How to I make it so?  Thank you.  UA-12655055-1

1 Expert replyverified_user

Accessing Anayltics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Are you logged into the same google account using the same email address that was used to create the original Google Analytics account.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Accessing Anayltics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Bronwyn...

I'm not sure if I am using the same account. I succeeded the master who
created the site. It's likely I have access to that signin as information
was passed on.

What keeps coming up is MY account through the church.

Which should I use? (I'll look for the other email)

Thanks.

--
Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines.

Accessing Anayltics

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If the existing analytics account was created using a different email address, and the previous admin hasn't added you to the analytics account as an admin user via your current email address, then you wont be able to access the analytics account using your current email address.

If you do find you have the login credentials to the original account, once you access it, then you can add your current google account email address as a user at the Account level with all permissions. Once that is done, then there wont be any need to log in and out of each different account, you can just access it via yours.

If you find you dont have any login information then you may have to try an account recovery.
For this, you will need to create a free adwords account, so as to login to the adwords account to access the support options. Once that is done, there is a comprehensive post by Niall in the following thread on how to go about doing this (its the one marked as best answer)
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here