Analytics
5.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Accessing Analytics on Mac

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I developed a website for a client and added Analytics.  I gave the client permission to read and analyse and the client was logging into Analytics and viewing fine.  A couple of weeks ago the client said he could no longer access Analytics.  He uses a Mac Book Pro.  We logged into Analytics on his Mac and gets the normal Analytics page view, only his website does not show in the list (there are no websites in the list as its the only he has access to).  When we logged him into Analytics on my laptop, using his Google account, the site shows fine.  It also shows fine with my log in on my laptop, along with all the other sites I have Analytics for.

I am thinking this may be something to do with Mac security settings?  Has anyone else experienced this?

Grateful for any suggestions,

Thanks

Johnny 

Re: Accessing Analytics on Mac

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Johnny.

It's so simple, Just check what Google account are he using, on the top right side of GA home, choose the right Google account.

Farid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Farid,

Thanks for replying. But, sorry, I am not sure I understand? He can log into Analytics fine on his Mac, but sees only the top and bottom of the normal Analytics page, with no folder for the website that you normally click on to view data. When we logged in with his account on my laptop the folder is there and can be clicked on to access data. On both his Mac and my laptop, when logged in with his Google account, it has the correct clinet@gmail.com details showing to right.

Johnny

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Can you try with some other browser on Mac?

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Johnny,

It's absolutely not about his laptop or your laptop, it's about signing in process.

First of all, make sure that Google account has access (on Admin > User Management)

On the analytics.google.com page, on the right top side, make sure you signed in to the correct account.

access.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for advice all. The client has a Lenovo tablet, with Chrome as the browser, and can access Analytics on that, so we have given up on the Mac.