Analytics
4.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Access to the Google analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks for your time.

I have an analytics account for my workplace website, using my personal email address. In December I was able to access the analytics perfectly well, but I have since tried to log on and found no link to the analytics through my google account. I have the google account number from the site code, so how do I now go about linking the 2 up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Laura

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Access to the Google analytics account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Laura :-)

Have you tried logging in via the sign-in at the upper right of the following page

https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes we have tried that but it wont give us access we've tried creating a new account but its not giving us any of the previous information we need Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Laura, sorry for the delayed reply.
Creating a new account will not resolve the issue. Tracking is tied to the tracking code for a particular account/property, these are system generated.

Sounds like there is some kind of conflict occurring. I suggest following the steps in the linked page, to start an account recovery.

There is a comprehensive post by Niall on how to go about doing this
(its the one marked as best answer)
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here