Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Access to the Google analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, last week I was logged in to Analytics with my non-Gmail email, which has been working fine for years, then a new Gmail address was setup which automatically linked my non-gmail email to itself. I unassociated those 2 and now can't login with my original email (well I can as I had to setup a new account with it, but I can't access any old Analytics data?

Any ideas, please?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Access to the Google analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
the lost data I guess wont be possible to recover.

try to recover old login..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Yashwant,

Thanks for replying, I'm assuming the old data is still there as the login details are still the same, just not accessible as before. I have all the old login details but every time I login with the old email , since unassociating it with the accidently linked Gmail account, it asks to setup Analytics?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Yes, old data is available because you didn't make any changes with your GA code, right?
I would suggest to contact person who has admin access to your Google Analytics. He would be able to share access on your new gmail.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alexey,

That's correct, no changes were made to the code, just the email account was unassociated with an incorrect Gmail, meaning to login I had to create a new Gmail account with the original non-Gmail email.

I'll contact them and hopefully they'll know what to do.

Many thanks,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alexey,

I have the Unique ID but when I try to login with the original email, it asks me to Setup where it will provide me with an ID? I just want to connect to my existing data with my previous existing account, is that not possible?

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Hi William, person who has admin access can navigate to ACCOUNT>User Management>Add permissions for> needed access level. Also they should use option "Notify this user by email" on the same page. 

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency