Analytics
3.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Access to the Google analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, last week I was logged in to Analytics with my non-Gmail email, which has been working fine for years, then a new Gmail address was setup which automatically linked my non-gmail email to itself. I unassociated those 2 and now can't login with my original email (well I can as I had to setup a new account with it, but I can't access any old Analytics data?

Any ideas, please?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Access to the Google analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
the lost data I guess wont be possible to recover.

try to recover old login..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Yashwant,

Thanks for replying, I'm assuming the old data is still there as the login details are still the same, just not accessible as before. I have all the old login details but every time I login with the old email , since unassociating it with the accidently linked Gmail account, it asks to setup Analytics?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Yes, old data is available because you didn't make any changes with your GA code, right?
I would suggest to contact person who has admin access to your Google Analytics. He would be able to share access on your new gmail.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alexey,

That's correct, no changes were made to the code, just the email account was unassociated with an incorrect Gmail, meaning to login I had to create a new Gmail account with the original non-Gmail email.

I'll contact them and hopefully they'll know what to do.

Many thanks,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alexey,

I have the Unique ID but when I try to login with the original email, it asks me to Setup where it will provide me with an ID? I just want to connect to my existing data with my previous existing account, is that not possible?

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Hi William, person who has admin access can navigate to ACCOUNT>User Management>Add permissions for> needed access level. Also they should use option "Notify this user by email" on the same page. 

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’