Analytics
5.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Access to long-term Analytics account ...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had a Google Analytics account for my domain for 8 years but recently I have not been able to log into that account.  It might have coincided with when I witch my domain to google for business but either way I haven't been able to log into google analytics for a long time.  So here is the background:

- i create and used a Google Analytics account for several years, it was created under user@domainA.com but monitored domainB.com

- I subsequently created a google for business account for domainB.com and now want to continue to monitor the analytics on domainB.com

- I have tried logging into GA using my original userid but it just doesn't seem to allow that anymore

- I have tried logging in under my new userid user@domainB.com but it gives me the following error:

"Oops...
You're currently logged into your organizational account at jarlath@jobspeaker.com.
To access your existing Google Analytics account, please use the login user%domainB.com@gtempaccount.com and the same password."

which then says to go to a login page here:

which says its an invalid page

But then I go to accounts and login using this gtempaccount id and I get in but it's asking me to setup my account again which I don't think I should do as my domainA.com account should have a bunch of data from years past in it and I want to see that data not set it up all over again (without that historical information).  Plus I want to set it up under user@domainB.com not this other temp account.

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Access to long-term Analytics account ...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

most likely you need help from Google staff. I would recommend contacting via AdWords help if possible or through your Google Business contact. I had similar troubles when I had to migrate Google Accounts and ended up to a dead end with gtemp acocunts... It is a really hairy process even if you do everything as instructed...
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.