Analytics
5.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Access to long-term Analytics account ...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had a Google Analytics account for my domain for 8 years but recently I have not been able to log into that account.  It might have coincided with when I witch my domain to google for business but either way I haven't been able to log into google analytics for a long time.  So here is the background:

- i create and used a Google Analytics account for several years, it was created under user@domainA.com but monitored domainB.com

- I subsequently created a google for business account for domainB.com and now want to continue to monitor the analytics on domainB.com

- I have tried logging into GA using my original userid but it just doesn't seem to allow that anymore

- I have tried logging in under my new userid user@domainB.com but it gives me the following error:

"Oops...
You're currently logged into your organizational account at jarlath@jobspeaker.com.
To access your existing Google Analytics account, please use the login user%domainB.com@gtempaccount.com and the same password."

which then says to go to a login page here:

which says its an invalid page

But then I go to accounts and login using this gtempaccount id and I get in but it's asking me to setup my account again which I don't think I should do as my domainA.com account should have a bunch of data from years past in it and I want to see that data not set it up all over again (without that historical information).  Plus I want to set it up under user@domainB.com not this other temp account.

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Access to long-term Analytics account ...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

most likely you need help from Google staff. I would recommend contacting via AdWords help if possible or through your Google Business contact. I had similar troubles when I had to migrate Google Accounts and ended up to a dead end with gtemp acocunts... It is a really hairy process even if you do everything as instructed...

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible