Analytics
5.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Access to OLD analytics data previous tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an old site where the original tracking data was changed (unintentionally - maybe on the update of code??) but using my current login, my data begins back in July of 2015 and I need to access all the data "prior" which was using a different tracking code....which I DO have.

How can I access that older data?

The email address used in the account for both tracking codes is the same so not sure how to tell Google Analytics I want to access the older data set?

Any ideas is most appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Go to your Admin main page showing you all accessible accounts and properties. Can you see your old account in there?

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No only the newest tracking code account. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Then it is highly likely the account was either removed or you got removed from it.

Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Julian...thanks for the assist...it did get me to jog my memory that I had the account under a different user and not the same as the current one....so I was able to login and find the old data I needed.  This resolves my question. thanks again

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

And there was much rejoicing.

Happy analyzing!