Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Access to Analytics with e-mail that should not have access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I were setting up a new Google account, and it seems it "took over" my old one. The account used to be connected to my job mail that I use to access the companies Analytics account. I didn't manage to fix this so I ended up creating an additional account for my job mail. It seemed to work fine.

But here comes the scary part.

- When I enter Analytics logged in with the new account (with my work mail that has full admin access in Analytics) I get the page for setting up a new Analytics acount.

- And when I enter Analytics with the old account (that now is connected to a new private e-mail that should have no access to Analytics what so ever) I have full access with complete admin rights. 

I mean things work and I have the access I need, but it just seems weird and unsafe that I am logged into our companies Analytics account (a major Bank on global scale) with my private e-mail that shouldn't have any access.

Should I be worried that others also have access to things they shouldn't?

Kind regards,

Andreas

1 Expert replyverified_user

Access to Analytics with e-mail that should not have access

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Did you add the new work email account to the Analytics account at the Account level and give it all permissions?
Once you are sure you are able to log into analytics with the additional work email address, 
You need to then log in with the new work email address and access GA with it.. and remove your old email address from Google Analytics that is now a personal email address,  you used to access it with

** Please be very clear and careful with what you are doing when adding accounts, removing accounts or changing permissions or you may end up completely removing your GA access

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here