Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Access to Analytics account setup by a prior employee on an old domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello -

I have a question regarding access to an old google analytics tracking setup on an old domain. 1 - Is this possible when the domain is  no longer being used and 2 - If there is history available, how far back?

The employee who setup the tracking has since left and the domain name has been changed, but I have been asked whether I could validate that certain web pages were available on the domain in 2009. 

Can someone help me determine whether this is possible and if so, how to do it?

Thanks,

PM

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Access to Analytics account setup by a prior employee on an old do

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Paula,

As far as I know, as long as you have access to the site, you should still be able to see historical data from 2009. The key here is whether you have access or not though. If you don't have access, but you do have an AdWords account, you may be able to contact AW support to regain access.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Nicky Y --

A couple of sticky-points ...with the domain change, our emails also changed; consequently, the email address I would have used back in 2009 is no longer valid. I will try contacting AW support and see if they can help. I appreciate the suggestion.

For the moment, I'll leave this post open in case I can provide follow-up that might help others....then I'll close and accept.

Thanks again!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
No problem, Paula.

Only if the info provided is helpful to you, then should you consider accepting it. Smiley Happy
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My google analytics was set up using an old email account that I no longer have access to. Can I change the email account in order to access my analytics?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
HI David H,

Ultimately, you would still need admin access to your account in order to add/modify/remove the current users. If you don't have access to your original Google login, then you would need to recover that somehow.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Paula M @David H

This has been covered very thoroughly here: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-...
By a Google Community Manager - so should be the real deal.

-------------------------
If I answered your question please 'mark as accepted answer & star' so that we know you have what you need
If my answer was helpful/useful but you still need more info please just 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply and I or others will respond