Analytics
2.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Access email address changed, no way to change it back?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, we have had a Google Analytics account for the last few years. Two months ago we migrated our business email over to Gmail for Work. Since doing this, Google has changed the Analytics admin account login to oldname%domain@gtempaccount.com and won't allow us to use our email addresses to administer the Analytics site (it tells us that our accounts are being migrated). It seems there is no support available for this service, so it looks like our only option is to use our new email addresses but we are concerned that Google will delete the temporary email address they have assigned us and we will lose access altogether.

Is there a way of changing this address back or assigning a new admin account?

Thanks

Re: Access email address changed, no way to change it back?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Greg,
I'm not sure about the solution I'm sharing with you, please do check once below post once.

http://www.howtohacks.com/fixing-the-google-error-the-specified-account-is-being-migrated/

It might be helpful to you.

Thanks

Re: Access email address changed, no way to change it back?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Santosh, thanks for your reply. We tried this but unfortunately it seems we will lose our valuable data associated with the sites if we do this. I was hoping that we could associate the account with the original email address and have it back as it was. It seems Google aren't making this easy for us.