Analytics
5.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

ANalytics data not refreshing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created some accounts and properties last year. "Months" ago I had to rename some of the properties. By change, I renamed the property and gave it another name. I also had to delete some websites so instead of deleting the property I renamed it.

When I look in the Analytics dashboard I see the updated changes. When I go to a WordPress website and attempt to use an analytics plugin to authenticate the website I see the old property views. What am I missing in terms of being able to make a change, such as a rename, and then being able to see this change reflected outside of the Analytics dashboard?

Any responses appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Renaming a property doesnt change any of the View's or a View's Settings belonging to the a Property.

1) Have you updated the Property Settings and all View Settings to reflect the new/different website url
2) Did you rename each View too

3) Something to bare in mind, if you are wanting to retain the historical data in the Views related to the previous unrelated website, then the better option would be to create a new Property.

Have you cleared all browser cookies and cache. 
And.. does the website use any caching plugins? If so, then you may want to possibly clear the cache for the plugin too

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did not change the View settings and will give it a shot now. 

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Works!

Thanks