Analytics
4.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

3rd Party Admin Access Required for GA Integration?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A 3rd party software company that is offering an Ecommerce integration is telling me that we have to add one of their users as an admin to our Google Analytics account so that they can "communicate with your Analytics account". My understanding is that all they should need is my GA property ID.

I've never heard of this requirement before, and I'm a little concerned they're just doing it to get access to our Google Analytics data. Does anyone know if this is a legitimate request or not?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ian M
July

3rd Party Admin Access Required for GA Integration?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

If they were simply adding GA ecommerce code to their platform then yes, all they would require is the GA ID. However, if they are doing something with the API to visualise the data in some way then this would require account access. However, I've worked with many different ecommerce platforms and never had to give the provider access to the account. I'd ask them exactly why they require it. 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.