Analytics
1.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

25 Views Limit - Multilingual Sites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

As far as I can see the previous limit of 50 Views per Property was decreased to 25 views. What is the new recommended practice to track multilingual sites of the same company. In the past best practice was to group them into one property, create a raw data view and then individual language views filtered by domain or "folder" depending on your setup. With a limit of 25 this is no longer feasible as there is more than 25 languages spoken in Europe alone already. Anyone got any workable ideas? I really don't want to start using one property per Continent as this would then require me to use two trackers per domain to get an aggregated view. Plus, in Europe or Asia there is more than 25 different languages spoken already. Africa probably more like 100.

Thanks

David

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 25 Views Limit - Multilingual Sites

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi David,

I don't see any information given for that in the official Google Analytics help/developer sections.

The most complete collection of Analytics limits I know is that of Brain Clifton [1] - but max. number of views per property isn't given there either.

However, if you note the trick given in [1] for increasing the number of properties, it may also apply to views. So, it may possibly work if you create the views with different logins but grant access to all of them for you.

Christoph

[1] https://brianclifton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/google-analytics-limits-table.pdf

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Nice overview I agree. Unfortunately this doesn't work for Views only for Accounts. Anyone else an idea how I would best setup multilingual sites avoiding setting up multiple properties. The main point is to:
- Aggregate all data into one view to get an overview of all domains
- Avoid firing multiple trackers
- Simplify Account maintenance beyond just setting up GTM

Thanks
David

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a tough one. Depending on how big your organization is, you might consider Analytics Premium.

A few questions:
1. Are each of the sites using separate domains or parameters?
2. Is the architecture the same?
3. Are you using one property for all the websites right now? Can you use one view with segments?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,

My main point is: It used to be recommended by google to setup analytics accounts that you have one property per Business Unit, or brand in my case, and separate data out by applying the appropriate filters. Is there a new general practice.

I have a premium customer and they have the same 25 View limit on their account. So premium will not solve this issue. The architecture of the various language sites is exactly the same but obviously regionally adapted. From non-ascii URLs to content that might only available in that country. All domains are structured as yourdomain.co.uk, yourdomain.de, yourdomain.fr and so on. Currently the account is set up to use a single property for each of the country domains. This makes it very hard to report on general content consumption or brand campaigns that run in all territories. The country managers though do need their own reporting as they run AdWords or offline campaigns and need and would want to check the local performance.

With regards to segments. I will need to setup a segment for each country manager and give each country manager access to all data. I don't want this as it will overwhelm them seeing data from large entities that drown out their data and I would not be able to use the permissions management built into GA.

Running everything of one property would make it easier to aggregate data for Executive Dashboards (basically pretty pie charts ;-), would reduce time to maintain the properties, think IP filters, Referal Spam filters etc. and make user management a lot simpler.

It is entirely possible to run two trackers per site, one country tracker and a global tracker to aggregate data per region or brand. However, I would very much like to avoid this to keep load times down. We're having more than enough marketing tags on the site, using the GTM, I really don't want to have to have another pixel on the site.

Thanks
David

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think the best solution for you would be to aggregate data in Tableau or LogiAnalytics. Are you familiar with these platforms?