Analytics
5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

2 properties showing in analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our former admin has left the company suddenly and with no handover. I've logged into analytics account and there are 2 properties, although we have only one website. We are based in Germany, but the 'suspect' property has traffic which is geo-exclusive to Russia. We are a local service based business, so this sets alarm bells ringing.

In addition, when I try to click the property, everything is greyed out except user-management in the first column under 'accounts). When I try to click on user management, it says I don't have the requisite privileges, and do I want to remove myself from the group.

Is there a way to determine whether this is some kind of hack, or a sabotage from the previous admin, or whatever? I can't delete it, and as per usual, when I spoke to Google...the only way I could get a response was to say I was interested in spending on advertising, they're squirming and dodging...

1 Expert replyverified_user

2 properties showing in analytics account

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Gavin,

You can try to recover your account following the instructions here:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Once you recover the admin privileges you can delete the other property if you don't need it anymore.

Hope it helps,

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Re: 2 properties showing in analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply Carlos! Maybe I didn't explain the scenario clearly. I have access to my account, but there is one 'extra' property within the account which seems odd. I have one website and had entered it as one property. 99% of our traffic is within Germany. The second 'suspect' property has my domain listed as the url, but 100% of the traffic is listed as coming from within Russia.

Basically, and as there are NO direct contact possibilities for Google support here in Germany, I had hoped someone here might be able to give me a 'back door' into some kind of official support. I have complete access to the account, that's all great, but this property has just popped up out of nowhere.