AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

why is my ad stopped despite not filling the daily budget quota?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a daily budget of $40 and this particular video gets lots of viewvs but 95% below the treshold 30 seconds to register, I can see the real time views. It was active during the entire afternoon with several hundred views per hour but then dropped to zero despite not spending any more money, is this because google restricts videos which does not convert to avoid exploiting the ad system accidentally? If a video had unlimited budget and did not convert it would be shown all the time I presume

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: why is my ad stopped despite not filling the daily budget quota?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @XXIII Count d Google does not restrict spending in the way you describe, although it's possible your Quality Score dropped and made it more difficult for you to compete successfully in auctions.  If this is the case you may need to increase your bids to regain position, although you may want to examine what data you have before doing this to exclude obviously unprofitable (poor view duration) demographics and channels.

How long have you been running the Campaign?  

I'm assuming, of course, that there are no other settings related reasons for the Ads to stop (such as scheduling).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: why is my ad stopped despite not filling the daily budget quota?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Its on accelerated display but the drop was sharp and unrelated to spending and there is no delay as it was 12 hours ago, its been running for a day. I can see that its trickling views a few per hour but it was several hundred per hour before the sudden stop. My bid is several dollars already, I set the demographics to young people interested in audio books as its an audio book, fairly narrow settings as I tried broad settings before and it caused low engagement, I dont think this previous campaign is the reason for the new decline because it was running fine yesterday evening despite the low engagement from the previous wrong demographics campagin which accumulated a thousand views and some likes.

edit: I believe it is related to decreased ad rankking because my specified demographics did not engage, trying the old campaign with clarification that it is an audio book since people are disappointed that it is not a movie