AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

view count shown, not matching real views

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created a campaign. 

The views in Adwords are 742 in about 12 hours. But the youtube views only incremented by about 300. 

Is there a lag between the view update on Adwords and Youtube? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: view count shown, not matching real views

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Webslave,

If I'm not mistaken, the views frozen at 300 or so has been something that YouTube has done for quite a long time in order to validate the views on the actual video. There could also absolutely be some lag.

My guess is that you're hitting the 300 mark for the first time on this video and once the review process is completed, you'll start seeing your full view counts.

While I did not find an exact explanation in my quick searches, this article touches on this - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2991785?hl=en

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Webslave,

If I'm not mistaken, the views frozen at 300 or so has been something that YouTube has done for quite a long time in order to validate the views on the actual video. There could also absolutely be some lag.

My guess is that you're hitting the 300 mark for the first time on this video and once the review process is completed, you'll start seeing your full view counts.

While I did not find an exact explanation in my quick searches, this article touches on this - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2991785?hl=en

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Webslave, how are things?

One important thing is that VIEWS from your Adwords interface are not the same things as views on your videos.

Adwords views are meant for your ADs. Although views on ads count as views for your channel (under channel home page), Google does not share at the moment how views on Ads are passed to your videos.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click