AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

videos ads on the right.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

videos ads on the right. it seems some things have change with video ads  can you please provide any documentation on how I would set up a video ad using the search network so my ad shows up on the right both the large and small option. 

Also you used to be able to have 10 targeting groups for video and that has also seem to changed. How do I set up different targeting groups for the same video ad? do I just create another adgroup with my new targeting options or what?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: videos ads on the right.

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Val,

Thanks for posting to the Community! With the integration of video ads into the AdWords interface, you're right that targeting groups have now become ad groups. One important change is that in-stream vs. in-display ads need to be in separate ad groups.

The video ad formats available are still available on YouTube Search or on YouTube watch pages, so that part has not changed. I'm not sure which kind of video ad you're referring to since there are many options. Can you explain a little bit more?

You can also refer to this guide: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375464?hl=en&ref_topic=3119118

Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
November 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Val,

Thanks for posting to the Community! With the integration of video ads into the AdWords interface, you're right that targeting groups have now become ad groups. One important change is that in-stream vs. in-display ads need to be in separate ad groups.

The video ad formats available are still available on YouTube Search or on YouTube watch pages, so that part has not changed. I'm not sure which kind of video ad you're referring to since there are many options. Can you explain a little bit more?

You can also refer to this guide: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375464?hl=en&ref_topic=3119118

Cassie

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you that is clear. I know there used to be a limit of 500 targets per targeting group is there a maximum number of targets keywords or placement that you can use in an adgroup

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Val,

Good question. The limits now follow the usual limits for AdWords accounts, including 5 million ad group-specific targeting items (ex. keywords, placements, interest groups) per account. You can see a full list at the bottom of the page here.

Good luck!

Cassie