AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

video ads aren't shown on computers?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi ,
I opened 2 new video ads camapigns, and did not restirct pc targeting, but only some os -
When i segment their performance per device i see only impressions & views for tablets and mobiles ( and not computers) ... how come? does it really meen that they're not showing on computers? or it is just the Enhanced ?

how do i enable the computers targeting?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: video ads aren't shown on computers?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi RoyN,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

This is quite strange, as there isn't an option to exclude computers. What's the date range you're looking at? Does the other campaign have data for computers? Have you checked YouTube Analytics to verify if the device report is correct? I'd recommend doing so if you haven't. Steps here. Let us know what you find, so we can troubleshoot from there.

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: video ads aren't shown on computers?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello RoyN,

Once you select an Operating system under Advanced Setting for Video Campaigns , from the 5 options (Android , BlackBerry, iOS , webOS and Windows Phone) , your Video campaign will serve ads only on devices using those operating systems.

Desktops do not run on those 5 operating systems, only tablets and mobile phone are so you are basically excluding desktops by selecting an operating system.