AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

how to edit youtube campaign on basis of this suggestion ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I would need someone's help to get an idea of what i need to do from the below given suggestion.

Please help me get idea.

1. To work towards that I would suggest you do not do keyword targeting but layer age and gender along with the following categories -
    1. Business 
    2. Finance
    3. News
    4. Sports
    5. Autos & Vehicles

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to edit youtube campaign on basis of this suggestion ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Strange , this biggest adwords community yet no answers. even the forums with lesser numbers on internet have users who give answers in hours if not in minutes.
I hope to see some senior member help me.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Pulkit,

Let me try and help you out here.

By the looks of suggestion you have here it seems either you are trying to run a Display Network campaign or someone has advised that you run such a campaign to garner additional yet quality traffic for your themes.

As you must be aware, Affinity Segments, Topics, etc. are some of different targeting options available on the Display network. While these work completely fine, there are a few issues when it comes to the quality of traffic received, which is why your adviser has asked you to layer these targeting methods with the age group of your target audience, i.e. if you were targeting the age group of say 15 - 30 years, target the interests or topics that your audiences would show an affinity towards and then in your Demographics section of the campaign, negate all other age groups accept 15 - 30 Years.

By doing this, you will be actively targeting your most relevant audience based on their age and their interests.

Why is this different from your Keyword Contextual Targeting? - In Keyword Contextual targeting you use keywords to target the most relevant placement on the display network and show your ads there. While this can be effective, it does carry the risk of showing ads on irrelevant placements and in turn attract wrong audiences.

So to sum this up, you have been advised to try and a combination of targeting options available to you to be able to target the most relevant of traffic. You may use the combination of Interest/Topics, etc. & Age Groups or you can also try Keyword Contextual Targeting with Age Group. The choice is upto you and for you to understand and seek the winning combination that works for you.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

mate this is youtube campaign for branding and awareness purpose.

TG-25-55

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Well Pulkit, the same targeting options are available to you for your YouTube campaigns.

Why don't you go to your videos campaign and try and create a test campaign and try out the above suggestions. If you need help setting up the campaign then let us know and we can give detailed steps on the same.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks shashank ,
I have created a separate ad group where i have done topic targeting with all of the above topics and edited interest targeting ad group with your suggestions..I hope that works fine..
Can i have your skype id incase I need your help.
Regards
Pulkit Thakur

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Pulkit,

Glad I could help you out. All the Best to you with your campaign.

Unfortunately, I cannot share any personal details on the forum but you can use the '@mention' option to reach out to me in case you need any help. You just need to use '@' before my Forum Username which is 'ShashankSIngh'.

Happy testing!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
No problem mate, I understand that.. I will try taking your help time and again Smiley Happy
I have segmented the given suggestions on two different ad groups...will it work ?
Age group I have set to 25-44 and both M/F
I have used majority of Affinity targeting in interest based targeting and few on them came under in-market.

Now problem
Last time we did topic targeting we got nothing out of it, I hope to see it work.
I think daily budget of almost 7 k won't exhaust with these two targetings...
lets hope for best and i will ping u up in day or two.
If there is any suggestion please do give me whenever you feel like Smiley Happy

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

The suggestions you have received about youtube targeting (from message 1) is about combining

a) Age segments (for example only targeting the age segment fit for your products maybe 25-34 Years)

b) Gender segments ( for example only targeting Male)

c) Topic targeting, because all you have mentioned is found under Topics ( Not Interests/Affinity audiences targeting)

Here is a screenshot on how to add Topic targeting from Targets>>Topics>>click on the red button +Topics>>select the 5 topics>> click again on the red button below +Topics

youtube-targeting-topics.png

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks mate, i have done as per your suggestion .
should i also add it to interest targeting ?