AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

adwords keeps trying to create an Ad!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to promote a youtube video and it takes me to Adwords to complete billing. But when it directs to adwords, it's halfway through an advert setup (ie it's already done the 'about your business' bit but not the actual ad. It wants me to do what I've just done on youtube, but doesn't seem to be for my youtube video at all. I can't get onto any other page on the adwords website; it automatically goes to the creating an ad page. HELLLLLP!?

1 Expert replyverified_user

adwords keeps trying to create an Ad!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Holly

Youtube ads/promotions are done through AdWords. 

If you're promoting a video, you'll need to have it uploaded to Youtube already and then create an ad for that video. 

If your account is new, perhaps you're being asked to create a text ad. If so, just complete the process (create any ad you like) and then pause the ad/campaign and create a new video ad campaign once the billing details have been entered. 

If you're still having trouble, send me a screenshot of what you see along with some more details on what you're trying to do and we'll troubleshoot together.