AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

YouTube campaign in only one country

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have problem: I don't know if or how I can technically prevent people from other countries from viewing my ad? So far I switched status of the YT channel to "private" and so there are no social sharing buttons within ad, at least on preview. Is preview reliable here?

Theoretically, if someone gets the link (eg. copies it from adress bar), he can view the film from other country. Can I show him massage "The owner of this video has made it unavaible in your country"? Can this be done from AdWords account, or rather YouTube one?

The problem is not of targeting, but rather legal: some content of the ad has only been licensed for one country.

Re: YouTube campaign in only one country

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You can edit your add country here:

111.JPG

But if you want to restrict your video to specific country`s then you should became partner (they have more options) or you can make unlisted video and advertise it just in targeted country

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This option is for targeting, which is not the concern here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
If you want to be have message as Sony or WB you must pay to Youtube monthly fee. Which is hefty.
But that is another topic.
Try to be more detailed with question? Where is legal problem?