AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my video not getting any views after ending the campaign?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been advertising a few videos over the past 6 months and I've noticed that once I end my campaign on Ad words my video no longer gets ANY views. It seems like the only videos that continue to get views on my YouTube channel tend to be the ones that I haven't promoted through Ad Words. Something seems fishy here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

You haven't ran a comprehensive test. If the only videos you promote are the ones that don't get any organic views, and the videos that do get some views you don't advertise, then you're not really going to know what you're getting. If you advertise all the content equally and the videos that get some organic views without advertising perform better than the videos that don't get any organic views - Then you know users want to interact with the best content, regardless of the source that first made them aware of the content.

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

You haven't ran a comprehensive test. If the only videos you promote are the ones that don't get any organic views, and the videos that do get some views you don't advertise, then you're not really going to know what you're getting. If you advertise all the content equally and the videos that get some organic views without advertising perform better than the videos that don't get any organic views - Then you know users want to interact with the best content, regardless of the source that first made them aware of the content.

Tom