AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my AdWords video ad getting no views?

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Hi,

I started an AdWords Video ad campaign 6 days ago and I'm getting no views and no data at all. The ad says it's serving and approved and I have it targeted to YouTube and the Ohio area (it's an ad for a local independent film). It's also linked to my YouTube account. But I'm not getting any results. Please help!

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Why is my AdWords video ad getting no views?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I have read all these posts and this is the referrence for the daily budget :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2789623?hl=en&ref_topic=3123098

"If it's your first time using AdWords, we recommend choosing a budget between $5 and $50 – as long as that's within your advertising budget."

The budget is "daily". In your situation I would try to search some sponsors or free local advertising.

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your posting. Regarding your Adwords Video ad campaign question, there's a couple suggestions that I can make to potentially increase your views and the data. Fyi, you won't receive any historical data until your Ad has enough impressions and/or clicks in the campaign.

1. You can the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool under the Tools and Analysis menu in your Adwords account to check why your ad is not showing. 

2. Use the Display Planner under the Tools and Analysis menu to look to get ideas and estimates to improve your ad campaign.

3. Increase your daily budget. It may be your budget is too low to generate impressions.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

It is the possibility that your campaigns do not have any targeting or you are using the narrow targeting.

For example:- Interest+manged Placement, Manged placement+ YouTube Keyword, demographic+Managed placement.

So please use the broader targeting.

It could be one reason that your bid is not having high enough to get impression. So start increasing the bid slowly and gradually.

If you are unselected the GDN network from the targeting, you will loose the impression from the GDN.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Not applicable
# 4
Not applicable

Thanks,

The ad preview tool doesn't help me at all, it only searches Google for results. Right now I have the ad targeted for YouTube and Google Display Network (not sure what that is), specifically in Ohio. I've set about a dozen keywords so it will show up in relevant YouTube searches. My goal is to get the ad to appear in front of or next to YouTube videos being watched by people in my area. Right now I have the budget set for $0.36/day.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hey,
JP was bang on--your budget is tool low to serve the impression on YouTube.
And Yes. it is very very small budget that can not help you get impression.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Not applicable
# 6
Not applicable
What would a good starting budget be then? I have limited funds and I want to make sure that the ad is seen locally where it will benefit me the most.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
Since every market is dynamic, its hard to make a specific budget recommendation for you. I suggest you incrementally raise your budget until you see impressions increase in your campaign.

Not applicable
# 8
Not applicable

Thanks,

I've doubled the budget for now, but I'm not going to increase it any more unless I actually get some views. I have very limited funds to do this and I'm trying to reach a very specific audience and I can't just keep pouring money into this. There should be a set rate for YouTube so I know how much I need to spend going in. I did a little bit of web advertising a while back and they had set bids for ad space on sites. No need to guess how much I had to spend...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I have read all these posts and this is the referrence for the daily budget :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2789623?hl=en&ref_topic=3123098

"If it's your first time using AdWords, we recommend choosing a budget between $5 and $50 – as long as that's within your advertising budget."

The budget is "daily". In your situation I would try to search some sponsors or free local advertising.

Not applicable
# 10
Not applicable
Thanks,

After I increased the budget to .72/day yesterday I actually started getting impressions and views. Since I'm trying to target a relatively small area, I don't want to go much higher than that as long as I'm seeing consistent results. And I'm doing this in concert with other forms of local advertising which are sadly far more expensive. :/

Thank you for all your help!