AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Why do I get more views if I set my CPV at 0.10cent and lower views if I set it on 0.17cent?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set my daily budget as RM30.00 and what confused me is that, whenever I set my CPV as 17 cent, I get lower views a day, and when i set it on 10 cent, i get a better view. I mean, I like how i get more view on a lower cost but I don't understand how it works. Why do lower CPV Budget (0.10) is better and getting more views when its low cost and why do higher CPV budget (0.17) is getting less views? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Why do I get more views if I set my CPV at 0.10cent and lower views if I set it on 0.17cent?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mercy,

Is your daily budget being used up? If so, it makes sense - a lower CPV will get more views from your budget. Cheaper goes further.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have not started the advertisement yet - right now I am trying to work out the right budget, cost per view, impression, exposure of advertising on YouTube. I am finding it hard to know what to expect when it comes to spending X amount of $ and what I can expect to see in website conversion from people who watched the video ad.

I would like to know how many sales I can get from the views of people watching my video. What would be the conversion rate? (Click per view > Go to website > Make a transaction) I am using my video to drive views to my website / ecommerce store.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

There is no way of predicting the visitors and sales you will get, regardless of which form of advertising you choose. Experienced marketers can make estimated guesses based on past campaigns for similar products, but even they can get it very wrong.

Running the ads and finding out is the way to go. Start with a low budget as video marketing is generally best suited to brand awareness and typically is not a profitable way of directly selling products.

If you start with a search campaign, using very targeted keywords, you can establish a benchmark to measure other forms of advertising by.