AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Uploading a video to YouTube

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just opened a gmail account  (it's "gmail +", whatever that means) and want to upoad an ordinary video to YouTube.  However, when I click on UPLOAD, I am being forced to CREATE A CHANNEL, which I do not want to do.  How can I bypass that?  Do I need to downgrade to plain gmail rather than gmail+? If so, how can I do that?

Re: Uploading a video to YouTube

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pres,

I don't believe that there is anyway to bypass this. The video needs somewhere to go, In a way its your main YouTube file.

The channel will be your user name and idenity.

Hope this helps, if not take a look at the YouTube Product Forum

Andrew

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, you can't upload without a channel. You can use any email address to create a new Google account for that channel if you want to remain anonymous. The information is presented here :

http://www.youtube.com/yt/about/getting-started.html

"Without a channel, you can only subscribe and like or dislike videos."

Anyway to setup a channel is not a big deal, just enter a name, birthday and hit "Continue", this the all the requirement to allow you to upload.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having difficulty uploading video files, unlike before. It now gives me an option of Basic Uploader. What can I do? Or how do I link my YouTube account with Google? Thank you.