AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended Adwords Account and YouTube Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

4 years ago I got an Adwords account suspension because of direct linking campaigns I ran as a young inexperienced marketer. Jump ahead to today and I am now working a lot with video professionally and would like to use YouTube ads for my clients but I have never been able to get this account Unsuspended. Communication has been blunt with no explanation. I can only presume it was because of the direct linking as that involves destination pages I had no control over.

Is there anything that I can do or is that it for life. I don't even want to do regular Adwords these days but only Adwords for video and by the book.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rob D,

Sometimes our youth rears itself later down the line, as you are finding out. 

It would be hard to say if it is a lifetime suspension or not, but that does happen. I take it your Google account and website address is the same one that was suspended years ago? 

The best thing I can suggest is to read this info carefully and use all of the links to interact with Google further.

If AdWords is still a no-go, yet your website and account has changed, you may be able to use YouTube advertising? The Creator Academy might be enjoyable to you? 

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

You must  fix the violation (which took place a few years ago) before you can appeal to be reinstated.

Fixing the violation is a must. If you have no control on the landing pages (as you mentioned), and cannot fix them - then, Google will not allow you to advertise again.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’