AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Managing Trueview CTA Overlays for Multiple Markets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

Want to confirm an issue with CTA overlays that i've been having trouble getting a straight answer from my reps. I work on a global brand with one brand channel. I would like to create CTA overlays for my market on a subset of videos that is also being advertised on in the main market. Since the overlay is attached to the video these overlays would conflict.

The solution i've been told, is that we would need a separate channel for our market in order to setup our own overlays without conflict. Is this correct, or is there a better way? This has been a pain point for a number of global clients in our team.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Managing Trueview CTA Overlays for Multiple Markets

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
What about setting up a different video campaign for each market? The geography would be different and the CTA overlay would only apply to that specific campaign.

Re: Managing Trueview CTA Overlays for Multiple Markets

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
You can only create one CTA overlay per one video and the CTA will remain with your video whether it is promoted or not. So, if you want to use different CTA overlays for different markets, your best bet would be using a separate channel for your market (as suggested). But this's a little complicated

Have you considered using companion banners? Therefore, you can create specific campaign for each market with different companion banners. A companion banner is an image or group of images that appears next to your ad, viewers can click the the banner and will be sent to your website destination URL.