AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Managed placement exclusive targetting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to target my managed placements exclusively, But it seems I am getting impression from demographics, gender and age without any impressions for the Managed placements.

Should I disable all targeting except the managed placement?   or what is the best way I can accomplish this

Thankyou 

Barry Sahagian

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Managed placement exclusive targetting

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi again Barry,

I wouldn't suggest using any other targeting if you're targeting specific placements, as your target audience are already defined in those placements. I'd suggest removing all other criteria (like demographics) in the ad group, as your reach would further be narrowed down.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi again Barry,

I wouldn't suggest using any other targeting if you're targeting specific placements, as your target audience are already defined in those placements. I'd suggest removing all other criteria (like demographics) in the ad group, as your reach would further be narrowed down.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth
I tried this yesterday and paused everything on my video campaign except the managed placements but still the demographics were generating views. I noticed that unlike the PPC campaigns that when you pause the demographics it just disappears instead of changint from green dot to double vertical lines.

I do not understand??

barry

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Barry,

How many targeting groups have you created under the campaign? Could you let us know if you're checking this under 'Where your ads were shown'? If so, also check the date range you're looking at. It is possible that you're looking at historical data which reflects demographic performance. In case you aren't able to figure it out, please send a screenshot of the page you're looking at, so we can troubleshoot further. Of course, please be sure to hide any sensitive information.

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Right now per your suggestion I am running on one targeting group placements I shut everything else off by pausing I did this yesterday before my ads stared running. set the date range to yesterday this morning and the demographics were still getting views and I was being charged.

It seems to me you can not shut off the demographics

How can I send you a screen shot? I am not seeing a way to attach?

Barry

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Thanks for the details, Garry!

I think there's some confusion here, as the type of campaign your were referring to wasn't clear. Here's the difference between Display & Video Campaigns when it comes to Demographic targeting.

In Display, you'll have to add an age group or gender to target them. In this context, adding demo with other targeting would narrow down your reach.

When it comes to Video Campaigns, all Age & Gender are targeted by default. You'll have an option only to exclude age groups or gender. Hence, if you're able to see 7 groups under age and 3 under gender, it means you're targeting all ages and gender, thereby not restricting your reach by demo. Please find screenshot here.

Coming back to your initial question - Placements aren't getting impressions but demographics are: Could you check the placement report (highlighted in green in the screenshot) to see if your managed placements have served ads?

- Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar