AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Impressions coming in slow -Channel placements advice

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I have set up my first few batches of campaigns as in-stream ads for Youtube.

I am targeting ONLY by channel placements. I have handpicked over 40 channels that are getting a lot of monthly views and that are relevant to my niche.

But here is my problem: despite having upped my CPV bid, I am getting close to no impressions, even though these placements/channels are clearly insanely scalable. I've had this campaign up for over 48 hours, and I am hardly spending 2$ a day on daily spend.

Could someone please give me a clue on what I'm doing wrong? Or is it simply a matter of waiting for the program to catch up? Is this normal ?

Best regards,

Howard

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Impressions coming in slow -Channel placements advice

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Howard,

Firstly, are you using any other targeting criteria (like keywords, topics, interests) in the targeting group, apart from placements? If so, I'd suggest removing them as they further narrow your targeting. Secondly, are you using only InStream or InDisplay as well? In case you're using both, I'd suggest having them in separate campaigns with appropriate targeting. Could you check these and get back?

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sure Sumanth, thank you for your reply.

I had just removed (55-64) and (65+) from my targeting. I've added them back in, and now everything is as broad as possible.
I am only using in-stream ads, sorry if that wasn't clear in my initial statement. My campaign has spent 1,90$ today, so the problem seems to continue (almost nighttime where I live).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Update for those who might have the same issue: Impressions are now coming in and I have reached my daily budget (even exceeded). So I think waiting is the way to go!

Thank you again Sumanth for shining in

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Sometimes selected channels have reserve buy done at that time you may not get impressions.

Your video campaign should ideally be giving you full thrust in 2-4 hours of ad-approval.