AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Impression Tracking for Youtube Video

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

We would like to track impressions for our youtube videos so we can retarget viewers with a brand survey. I was wondering if (and where) it is possible to upload a 3rd party impression tracker ? 
Thank you for your help

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Impression Tracking for Youtube Video

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi David,

We can't vouch for any 3rd party solutions in the Community, and if you found one that worked for you, you would need to work with them and their documentation to determine if it would work with AdWords.

However, I think that may not be entirely necessary. You can already set up a remarketing campaign in AdWords which targets people who have viewed videos on your channel just by linking your AdWords and YouTube accounts--no 3rd party tracking necessary.

Does that address your issue, or are you asking about something else?
Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Impression Tracking for Youtube Video

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi David,

We can't vouch for any 3rd party solutions in the Community, and if you found one that worked for you, you would need to work with them and their documentation to determine if it would work with AdWords.

However, I think that may not be entirely necessary. You can already set up a remarketing campaign in AdWords which targets people who have viewed videos on your channel just by linking your AdWords and YouTube accounts--no 3rd party tracking necessary.

Does that address your issue, or are you asking about something else?
Cassie

Impression Tracking for Youtube Video

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,

You can make use of this form to submit the request to Google to implement the 3rd party impression pixels for you- https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/6162023?hl=en

Kind Regards,

Solly