AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

I am stuck in first campaign with Google Adwords.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to promote a youtube video, but when I sign into ad-words, it forces me to setup a campaign for a google play app I developed and there is no way out of it without entering in billing information and going to review. I cannot promote my youtube video.

Edit: There is no "Cancel Campaign" button at the bottom, only "Save Changes"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ooh I
December 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok I did that, and you're right. It didn't start charging me for about 30 seconds. This is not a solution, it's not even a workaround. Thanks for replying, but this is obviously an issue to which no one seems to have answer. I would not recommend this product to anyone based on this experience.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Have you linked your YouTube channel to your AdWords account yet? Also, I'm assuming you first created your adwords account when you set up for the app you developed? Your adwords account is ususlly associated with your  website-so in this case, your app. 

In order to promote your YouTube video or any ad, you'll need to enter billing information in adwords. This will not charge your account until your ad starts to run. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thats what im trying to do is link my youtube account to adwords but it keeps asking to start my campaign. I'll try going further and see what happens.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ooh I
December 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok I did that, and you're right. It didn't start charging me for about 30 seconds. This is not a solution, it's not even a workaround. Thanks for replying, but this is obviously an issue to which no one seems to have answer. I would not recommend this product to anyone based on this experience.