AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

I am so Confused

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, I was in the process on creating my ad campaign for my YouTube video and was hoping to spend £10.

However I need help do I need to include a VAT number? if they charge me VAT will it continue taking more from my bank account even after the campaign is finished that is what I am worried about. 

Also i will be selecting a campaign budget of 10 pound but i was reading that sometimes they go over this which makes me a little scared. Don't want to wake up seeing my billing more than it should. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I am so Confused

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Keith,

Taxation is different from country to country, and I assume you're referring to EU. A valid VAT id is required to set up AdWords. However, if your business is for commercial gains (not a non profit), you wouldn't be charged VAT. You'll have to calculate and pay VAT yourself. I'd suggest reading this article for more info.

Speaking of budget, I assume you'd like to spend £10 per day on your video campaigns. AdWords may sometimes allow up to 20% of your daily budget to be exceeded. This is called over delivery, which is adjusted towards the month and doesn't happen everyday. To be precise, if you have a daily budget of £10, your monthly budget wouldn't exceed 30.4 (avg. days in a month) X 10 (daily budget) which is £304. More info on over delivery here.

Hope that helps. Feel free to write back if you have questions.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for replying you have cleared a few thing up for me.
I don't think I have put in a VAT id which was my concern. I thought since I'm not a business but a individual I shouldn't be entering anything in that section?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
I'd suggest having your VAT is updated in the account, as you're using AdWords for business purposes, in other words for economic gains.

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar