AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

How to increase unique viewers for inStream video ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to increase the unique viewers for one of my InStream Video campaign. Currently i have an average view frequency of 1.97 and avg.impr.freq of 2.39. I want to bring it down close to 1 as suggested by Adwords to improve number of unique viewers. I have set the delivery capping 2 impressions per day to each unique viewers. Still it doesn't show much improvement. What else can i do to increase the number of unique viewers? Also whats the best avg.view.freq and avg.impr.freq you will suggest if our goal is to get maximum unique viewers?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jithin C
September 2015

Re: How to increase unique viewers for inStream video ads

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Jithin,

You can create a video remarketing list (to capture users who've viewed the video) and exclude it (screenshot here) from the campaign. This would ensure users doesn't see your ad more than once and hence reduce view frequency. More about video remarketing here. Remember, you'll have to link the YouTube account with AdWords to use Video Remarketing.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jithin C
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Jithin,

You can create a video remarketing list (to capture users who've viewed the video) and exclude it (screenshot here) from the campaign. This would ensure users doesn't see your ad more than once and hence reduce view frequency. More about video remarketing here. Remember, you'll have to link the YouTube account with AdWords to use Video Remarketing.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I also use a frequency of 1 impression per month in campaigns with wide targeting, besides remarketing exclusion.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

Thanks for the help. I have some good video re marketing lists and i have added them as negative targets as you suggested. Will let you know how it works.. Thanks again..

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your reply. But isn't 1 impression per month too close? Because its possible that a user decides to skip the ad for the first time and may watch it when its delivered again?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jithin, Best way to increase unique visitor by exclusion of existing visitor through the Analytics re-marketing list. Create different -2 analytics remarketing list on your existing traffic & exclude this from your video campaigns. Hopefully this way you can bring it down close to 1.

----
Thanks,
Jitender

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
If after setting the cap on impressions to 1 per month you still manage to use all the campaign budget , it is not a problem. You will also gain many free in-stream "partial views" from people who get 1 impression and skip the ad before 30 seconds (you get vharged after 30 seconds).

Only if you notice that you do not use all your daily budget after setting an impression limit of 1 per month, the ad is not serving to enough users and the frequency limit should be lowered to 1 per week.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
That's a point indeed Adrian. I will definitely make that change and i am sure that's gonna help for my goal of maximum unique viewers..

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Video remarketing lists should be used to block returning views in a video campaign as Sumanth Sridhar suggested, not remarketing lists made with Google analytics. A video remarketing list can be made with the rule "People who watched this video as an Ad". More details here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2545661?hl=en

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Jithender, Please have a look at Adrian's note on using analytic remarketing list for this purpose. Since our goal is to avoid people who have already viewed our ads from watching it again, using remarketing list created with adwords itself is the best option i think.