AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

How to find out reason for "Approved limited" on video ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to AdWords and have just set up my first campaign for a video ad on YouTube.  Under the status column it says "Serving - Approved limited".  When I hover over the speech bubble icon it says "Issues... All formats are labeled (restricted)".

What does that mean and how do I address the issue?

Through the AdWords help I found info on the "Policy Details" column but I can't find that column in the options for my video ad.  Does the "Policy Details" column apply only to regular ads?  The help doesn't say that it does not apply to video ads.

Thanks,

rgames

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Richard A
September 2015

Re: How to find out reason for "Approved limited" on video a

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just as a follow-up in case someone else sees it: As of the date of this post, text ads and video ads have different column display options, as I suspected above.

If you have this problem with a video ad you have to call Google to find out what the issue is.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Richard,

Good day to you. Policy details column is not shown by default. You have to enable them. Visit this link on how to enable Policy details column. Also, to know why your ad has been marked as Approved(Limited) status, visit here.

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shafi - thanks for the reply.  I found the info on how to activate the columns but the "Policy Details" option does not appear when I select columns for my video ad.  The help refers to standard (text) ads, so either it is not available for video ads or I messed something up.

Are you certain it works the same for video ads as standard ads?  My suspicion is that it does not.

Thanks again.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Richard A
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just as a follow-up in case someone else sees it: As of the date of this post, text ads and video ads have different column display options, as I suspected above.

If you have this problem with a video ad you have to call Google to find out what the issue is.