AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

How To Prove Video Ads Are Running

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good Morning,

I have a client that is pressing us for more 'proof' that their ads are running on YouTube. The staff with the company are telling management they have been performing searches on YouTube and have watched 'hundreds' of videos on YouTube but have never seen their own ad in rotation.

I keep sending them the weekly reports on how many times their video was served, watched, and clicked and said that they have to 'trust in the numbers' but this is not enough "proof" that the video ads are actually being displayed to viewers.

Is there a 100% foolproof way to have them find a video that would have their ad attached to it to prove that the ads are being displayed. I should also mention they have a very limited budget and ads are only being displayed in our local market.

Any assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How To Prove Video Ads Are Running

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Mike

Since the staff is saying that they have performed multiple searches on Google and they have never seen their Ad.
This is the Possible Reason why Ads are not being shown to that Specific IP.

If you repeatedly search for your own ad using Google Search but never click on it, you may stop seeing it. That's because Google's system detects the IP address of your computer, and stops
showing you ads that it thinks you aren't interested in.

You should ideally use the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool to view your ad as it appears in Google search results instead of performing a regular search. It prevents you from racking up impressions while you try to locate your ad.

Please Read Following Article for more Details :
https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/1711301?hl=en#ts=1712864,1715121,1715124

Also you can try finding Video Ads and take some Screen shots and share with client . The Good Idea usually is to open account at client place and show them the status of their account via Google Ad Preview Tool.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Mike, further to Shweta's excellent reply, if their budget is very limited then this further decreases the chance of their Ads being seen for any one particular viewing of a video.

Is this the client's own Account, i.e. are they able to see the stats for themselves?  If so, then their question is really whether they trust Google or not and if their answer is no, you'd have to question why they're prepared to spend money at all.  

I'd be inclined to simply continue on the route you're taking, including Shweta's notes about repeated searches/viewing and how they can affect Ad display.  I'd also look for some stats on YouTube that show just huge the view count is for that site and, depending upon how many views you're seeing reported, demonstrate how improbable it is that any one (or many) views will see one specific Ad.

What about Analytics?  Are you able to show visits to the site from the Video Campaigns or is this being lumped into the same mistrust?  If so, you could look for third party logging tools on the server that might report visits from the Campaign and which would be more "independent".

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sorry Mike, one more thought.

It is possible to target a specific, single video (you simply use the entire URL to the video as a placement), so if you chose a video rarely watched and targeted it specifically, perhaps in its own Campaign with a decent budget, you really should see the video fairly frequently - even taking into account the repeat searches issue.

However, what this would prove is open to debate and I'd still take the "logical" route first.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shweta,

It was very useful. I would like to know about text overlay Ads as well. I've set up text overlay Ad in YouTube and getting few clicks and impressions. But I'm not able to see where it's appearing or how it looks like. Is there any way I can view my live text over lay Ads?