AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

How Do I create re marketing lists for video campaigns after linking the channel?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How Do i create re marketing lists for video campaigns after linking the channel? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandeep K
August 2017

How Do I create re marketing lists for video campaigns after linking the channel?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Its quite easy actually.

Assuming it is linked to your adwords account as you say, goto your adwords account and navigate to the shared library in the old UI.  Or if you are in the new UI top right the three dots opens a new menu and it will say audiences.

Once you are in the audience menu, the old UI there is a drop down button (red button) and you will see an option that says, YouTube Users.  This will allow you to create an audience for remarketing of anyone who has viewed a video on any of your youtube accounts.

In the new UI you get more detail and therefore is much cooler, you can create lists on the following: 

- viewed any video from a channel

- viewed certain videos

- viewed any video (as an ad) from a channel

viewed certain videos as ads

etc etc, the list goes on

Once you have the lists, you will need to give them time to populate, usually 24 hours to start. Once they reach a certain volume of at least 1000 you can see the data associated to those audiences to influence the content you produce to be more targeted.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandeep K
August 2017

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Its quite easy actually.

Assuming it is linked to your adwords account as you say, goto your adwords account and navigate to the shared library in the old UI.  Or if you are in the new UI top right the three dots opens a new menu and it will say audiences.

Once you are in the audience menu, the old UI there is a drop down button (red button) and you will see an option that says, YouTube Users.  This will allow you to create an audience for remarketing of anyone who has viewed a video on any of your youtube accounts.

In the new UI you get more detail and therefore is much cooler, you can create lists on the following: 

- viewed any video from a channel

- viewed certain videos

- viewed any video (as an ad) from a channel

viewed certain videos as ads

etc etc, the list goes on

Once you have the lists, you will need to give them time to populate, usually 24 hours to start. Once they reach a certain volume of at least 1000 you can see the data associated to those audiences to influence the content you produce to be more targeted.

Re: How Do I create re marketing lists for video campaigns after linking the channel?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi George,

Many thanks for the reply . But I m unable to see this option when I click on the red button :

I m not quite sure if this is the Old or new UI as I m pretty new to Ad wordsSmiley Happy. Request your guidance here pls.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Sandeep

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Okay so that is the Old UI and the youtube option isnt there which may be down to the linked accounts not being verified or something, so just need to check the status of the youtube link first.

This may be the channel is not linked.

Can you goto top right and check your linked accounts?
Then you should see a YouTube option in a Grid/list

Re: How Do I create re marketing lists for video campaigns after linking the channel?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Capture.PNGI'm sorry - My bad - I was looking at the wrong account.. I can see it now - I think this is what you were referring to ? 

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes, since its linked you can choose YouTube Visitors and thats it, when it comes to creating a nice new video AD in the future you will have ability to target a retargeting audience and this will be listed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Perfect - Thank you and this helps for sure. ! Happy Weekend !